[pct-l] Trout Lake

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 09:47:56 CST 2008

Right
Road was closed.  I had a long wait in 05 when the road was open.  Few cars.  But the second or third car picked me up.
This last year , 07, a local headed the other direction took us to town.  Not a very long wait.

To get a ride back, check with the General Store (or the outfitter in "down town" Trout Lake).  They have numbers for people who give rides.  It is customary to pay a few dollars.  One guy even carries a trail register in his truck.  They have lined me up for rides twice.

As far as a place to stay, the outfitter is building a hiker house of a sort and i think he said going to have internet available.
Bill helped me solve a gear issue and wouldn't take any money from me.

The General store has three rooms available in the back.  They also have a hiker box.

I've spent a little time in Trout Lake.  I'll stay there again this year.

Warner Springs Monty