[pct-l] Baby Wipes

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 13:45:40 CST 2008

They do have alcohol dispensers.  Hands are not mucous membranes.  And the alcohol gives me raging headaches after several uses.  Soap and water is better.  In 25 years I have never seen an alcohol bath given in a hospital.   Alcohol is absorbed thru the skin and enters the bloodstream.  In neonatal intensive care units, it is forbidden to use alcohol wipes on the babies skin, for obvious reasons.  Any research on the net of the health hazards of using isopropyl alcohol will enlighten the curious mind.  ETOH (ethanol) is the kind we drink.  I think drinking rubbing alcohol will cause you to go blind, maybe kill you....other fun stuff.

Anyway, I try to limit my responses on any give topic, to two.  So I'm done!  Just wanted to give another perspective.

Wheeew

Bill & Cathy <tahoe.cat at verizon.net> wrote:       Do they still give Alcohol baths in hospitals?  Where I work, they have Alcohol dispensers all over the place, for your hands.  Ground Pounder Bill