[pct-l] Ray Day

Bob BobandShell97 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 3 13:55:28 CST 2008

I thought Billy Goat's plan for last year had some interesting reasoning
behind it, based on his years of hiking the PCT.   Campo (ADZ) to Trail Pass
and then out to Lone Pine.  Move up to Old Station and start hiking north to
Canada. Then come back to Lone Pine and hike north, ending at Old Station.
It avoids the probability (but not the possibility) of sustained bad weather
in N WA and really minimizes snow and deep water crossings in the Sierra.
Of course, there are those for whom a continuous non-segmented hike is the
only way to go.  I guess if you've done it before, you're more open to
options.  To each her/his own.

Dr Bob