[pct-l] Slightly OT - GPS Waypoints for Sierra High Route?

Lon Cooper loncooper at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 11:45:46 CST 2008

Jeffrey,

Just as Trail90 suggest, lithium batteries in a Garmin GPSMap 60Csx.

I would typically get 3 1/2 days with the unit on all the time I hiked
from 2 AA lithium batteries. Lithium batteries are lighter too. Eight
AA lithium batteries weigh 4.1 ounces, so you can log a long time with
only a little extra weight.

Of course, normal hikers who only turned on the GPS an hour or two a
day would get may more days/weeks use from a set of batteries.

The new Garin eTrex Vista Hcx seems like an impressive unit and has
even better battery life than the 60CSx (about 35% longer).

-Lon