[pct-l] GPS Batteries

Louise Wholey louisewholey at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 19:57:28 CST 2008

I have used lithium batteries for years with a Garmin Legend Cx unit.  The owners manual for the Garmin Legend Cx  indicates that Alkaline or NiMH batteries can be used and set in system setup.  There is no mention of Lithum batteries, but they work fine.

For my new Vista HCx device, Alkaline, NiMH, or Lithium batteries are acceptable and can be identified in the system setup for proper battery life indication.

For the Garmin GPSMAP® 60CSx unit, Alkaline or NiMH batteries can be set in system setup.  See  p. 66 of the owner's manual  http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/GPSMAP60CSx_OwnersManual.pdf.
The battery life indicator may not work accurately if you use Lithium batteries.

Louise