[pct-l] PCT Bear Canister Loan Program: Loan Your Canister to a Thru-hiker

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 21:27:33 CST 2008

Are you willing to loan (for 'free') your bear canister to a thru-hiker for a few weeks, but don't want to give up permanent
ownership (for those late summer, early fall Sierra trips)?
Do you want to give a little 'magic' back to the PCT?
Then loan your bear canister to a thru-hiker!

This would be a 'one-on-one' loan...
You would ship your canister to a thru-hiker on the PCT (where and when requested), the borrower would ship it
directly back to you when done with it...

If you would like to consider loaning your bear canister to a 2008 PCT thru-hiker, please contact me via email - (subject: PCT Bear Can loan)...
I can explain the 'program' in further detail and answer any of your questions...

Thank you!  Happy trails!!!
Jim Payne

“Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time.”  - Stephen Wright