[pct-l] pct-l archives

Wayne Kraft wayneskraft at comcast.net
Sat Jan 5 20:28:14 CST 2008

Quite some time ago I disabled the pct-l email function and I now view posts
to this list on the pct-l archives.  This approach has numerous advantages:
My email box is relatively uncluttered.  Since I must open my email account
and start a new message to post to the list (rather than just hit "reply") I
am less inclined to participate in inane debates and off-topic banter.  More
significantly, I find it just as entertaining and informative to read the
posts from January, 1998 as from January, 2008.

However, viewing the archives has a couple of niggling disadvantages.  One
is that many of the posts don't wrap properly so that a multi-line paragraph
stretches beyond the edge of the screen and meanders off into unmapped
regions.  Various fixes for this problem have been proposed on the list, but
I'm afraid I'm too dumb to execute the instructions given.  No matter, it is
a small annoyance.  A second problem is that some posts look like this:

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

You must then click on the link to read a confusing version of the post.  I
think all of Greg Kesserling's contributions to the list appear this way and
most, but not all of Donna Sauffley's as well.  This again is  only a minor
annoyance except for this:  it seems likely that the post will not be
searchable using words contained in the post.  This is unfortunate.  I've
lost and recovered some of my own posts to the list when I trashed my last
computer (by dropping it on a marble floor -- ugh!)  by googling my name and
a unique word I knew appeared in my post (e.g. "wayne kraft scalliwag") and
the list is a treasure trove of information on everything PCT -- if you can
find the relevant post(s).

Anyway, I'm curious why some posts appear this way and if there's any way to
correct this for those generations yet to come who may want to know exactly,
say, what L-Rod thought about ADZPCTKO way back in 2007.

Thanks.