[pct-l] guidebook revisions-- did it happen

Brian Lewis brianle at nwlink.com
Sat Jan 5 23:31:15 CST 2008

"In May of 07,  I was reading that one of the PCT guidebooks was going to be
revised by December 07.   Can anyone confirm if this has occurred or any
revised ed. are scheduled to be published very soon?"

I was just in my local REI store a couple days ago looking for this very
thing --- hoping edition 8 was out for the OR/WA book.  Not there yet.  I
guess they must have fallen somewhat behind; all I know is that back in
March, Ben Schifrin was shooting to have a new edition of OR/WA out by the
Christmas that has just passed.

I'm hoping it comes out before April.  I'd hate to have to ask my wife to
later buy and cut this up on my bandsaw to mail out in installments --- the
bandsaw thing might be one step beyond what she's willing to do in terms of
support from the home front!  <g>

I just checked at the wilderness press website, and am mildly bummed to not
see this listed among the many "coming soon" in spring 2008 books listed,
here:

http://wildernesspress.com/pdf/frontlist_sp2008.pdf

Some other interesting stuff there, but I didn't see any of the PCT guides
listed.

Maybe I'll have to stick with Edition 7.  I've hiked a bit of the OR part
and more of the WA part in recent years, and it's certainly a fine guide,
particularly factoring in more recent updates (available on the W.P.
website).

            Brian Lewis