[pct-l] Brag

stewjohns at comcast.net stewjohns at comcast.net
Sun Jan 6 08:11:09 CST 2008

Ol' Three Toes writes:
The left hand zipper... I'm right handed but have never been able to
figure out how to bend my elbow to zip up a right hand zipper bag. I
had to do all kinds of contortions for 10 minutes or so, while freezing,
just to get'er done, and then I'd remember something, spend another 5
minutes getting out, and then have do it all over again. With this one,
I just reach over and zip it up. Is this a common problem? Has anyone
really ever thought about this? Does anyone really care?
Evidently so.  When I ordered my bag from feathered friends, one of the
questions they asked is if I wanted a right hand zipper or left.  I didn't know
how to answer, as I had never thought about it, and paused in my reply.
The lady asked if I was right handed or left handed.  When I said right handed,
she said "than you will probably want a left sided zipper.  Ok!  I guess.  Turns out
this is a common problem for right handed people. I never thought about it before.
I presume left handed people would find a right handed zipper easier to use.

Doc Holiday