[pct-l] Legal Ponderings......

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 16:35:27 CST 2008

The original question was not a question of what I want or don't want, privacy issues or anything else.  It was a LEGAL question.  Nothing more.  I can make my own decisions about the other issues.

Wheeew

Andrea Dinsmore <zaqueltooocool at gmail.com> wrote: You would need to go back a couple months to the discussion of collecting names from trail registers to put together as an ongoing history of who hiked the trail over the years. Some hikers were for the recorded history and some were against it. Those against felt it was an invasion of their privacy and they didn't want anyone to know they had been out here. Those who were for it were interested in having a historic record of who was out there before and after they went through. Also, as you said some felt it was a help in locating lost hikers. To each his (or her) own. If you want privacy in the Internet world...don't post your every move and thought for the world to see. If you want to be invisible on the trail.....don't sign your name and don't tell other hikers who you are. They might just write about you in their journal.

 PCT MOM

-Wheeew-
www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/
---->MexiCan----> 2008