[pct-l] Northbd hike entry to canada

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Sun Jan 6 21:21:59 CST 2008

Assuming you're not going to finish the whole thing in less than three months you can post it as you leave, give them an address of a friend and ask that friend to send the stamped permit to Manning Park. I really wouldn't bother carrying it, not because of the weight (of two sheets of paper) but if it were to get soggy/lost you might have a hard time convincing the border guards that the pile of paper-mache in your hand is a valid permit. It's not as if you'll need it while on the trail anyway.

I don't know what would happen to you if you didn't find out about the entry requirements before walking across the border. The idea of doing so without some research never occurred to me. I guess that sort of carry on could get you barred from Canada forever, then you'd have to declare it on entry to other countries and you get flagged as a trouble maker (rhymes with cavity search) and things go down hill from there. I wouldn't recommend it.