[pct-l] altimeter

Jerry Goller jerrygoller at backpackgeartest.org
Tue Jan 8 01:43:42 CST 2008

Actually, in the mountains, I find a topo map and an altimeter much faster
and easier to use than a topo map and a compass for navigation and just as
accurate. Finding out where the altimeter given contour line crosses the
trail I'm on is much faster and easier than shooting an azimuth on two
prominent terrain features, assuming I can *see* two know, prominent terrain
features......

Jerry

  _____