[pct-l] altimeter/headlamp

rizzo rizzo rizzo1riz at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 11:19:34 CST 2008

I've just purchased the Axis by highgear, never used an altimeter before, but think it's a good little lux item, anyhow anyone use an axis before any good/ bad points,, it was $150 at rei and I'll get 15 bucks back in Feb, so for $135, , barometer,compass,alarm, and a couple other fet... It seems like a good deal 4 the trail, water resistant to 3 meter too, Didn't see the need to spend a dollar more, for this was the least expensive one they carry, but others were up too 500 bucks! Plus it was the lightest, So there's the real value, Looking @ getting the e-lite by pretzle, any Sugustions for a head lamp?It wieghs in @ 1 oz?? 2032batteries v.s aaa,,,,,, Rizzo   P.s It has snowed all but two days @Snoq pass, I-90, this winter, bad news for south bounders indeed       Seattle WA,,, Rizzo