[pct-l] VVR hours of operation of the ferry

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 15:59:51 CST 2008

from http://www.edisonlake.com/shuttle.htm

Our ferry boat, The Edison Queen, travels on the lake from approximately June 1st to October 1st depending on the back country snow conditions and our visitors requirements. It runs seven days a week with special departures upon request. The boat dock at the mouth of Mono Creek is less than a mile from the main PCT/JMT trail.

The following shuttle schedule is for the upcoming 2007 season (from approximately June through October of 2007):

Morning

9:00 am... Leave Vermilion Valley Resort

9:45 am... Leave Mono Creek Landing

Evening

4:00 pm... Leave Vermilion Valley Resort

4:45 pm... Leave Mono Creek Landing

Fare for the shuttle is $9 per person, one way, and can be purchased in the general store.

Trust me, your husband does NOT want to make the drive along that God-awful road into Edison Lake. Meet at Red's Meadow Resort instead, three days further north.

Wandering Bob