[pct-l] Reminder about Drakesbad

Roslyn Bullas rbullas at wildernesspress.com
Tue Jan 8 17:30:03 CST 2008

The Drakesbad Ranch hosts contacted me a few weeks ago. They wanted to
update the Drakesbad information in the Guidebook for the next edition, and
emphasized that they are very PCT hiker friendly. They asked me to convey
this to the list, so here it is:

Drakesbad is a designated mail drop, approved by the National Service, with
mail available 24/7.

Hikers Name
c/o Drakesbad Guest Ranch
End of Warner Valley Road
Chester, California 95640
Estimated day of arrival

Hikers are welcomed anytime for meals ( low cost ), logistic ( transport to
medical facilities), clean up, ( shower or tub) laundry, relaxation in hot
spring pool.
Drakesbad is within 40 miles from the halfway mark and a good reason for
celebration. Park Service campground is in 1/4 mile distance right on the
PCT.
Larger groups please advise us of your arrival in advance by calling 530 529
1512 Ext. 120 and leave message.

Billie and Ed Fiebiger
Ranch Host
Drakesbad Guest Ranch