[pct-l] New Cuben Gear

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Wed Jan 9 07:45:30 CST 2008

Good morning, All,

I have one of Joe's early models which weighs 3.4 oz.  I really like it, but I've not yet used it on a long hike .... only on short, local sections.  It seems as light as a puff of smoke with shoulder straps.  I might put it to work this summer in N. California.

Any ultra-ultra-light pack requires extra care.  I would be concerned if someone wanted to step from a heavy, bullet-proof Gregory to one of these .... whomever the maker may be.

Steel-Eye

^^^^^^^^^^  Serious hikers gather at:  http://www.aldhawest.org/  ^^^^^^^^^^