[pct-l] Public Announcement

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 06:26:25 CST 2008

Well, it is that time of year again for my big birthday expedition to the
Eastern Sierras.  Everyone is invited with super cool Ultra Light hiking
presents.

The Long Suffering Mrs. Switchback and I will arrive at the Dow Villas  Motel
in Lone Pine, CA on January 25 and eat at the  Merry-Go-Round that night.
Then we will go up to Bishop to eat breakfast  at Jack's on Saturday and do some
shopping and goofing off.  Don't forget  the bakery stop too.  We will
probably stay at the Dow Saturday night and  head home Sunday morning.

As you know the trail community humiliated me last year by not showing up
for this should be major hiking community event.  The stellar event that  should
start the new year's hiking season and campaign.  But at least there  was a
big birthday celebration for me put on by my true pal, Meadows Ed.   This was
at the Grand Canyon El Tovar Lodge and at Phantom Ranch on the  last year's
February expedition.  This was super fun.

With feelings still recovering from last year's Sierra humiliation and
debacle,

Switchback the Birthday Boy