[pct-l] Correction and info for Drazkesbad mail drop

Roslyn Bullas rbullas at wildernesspress.com
Thu Jan 10 11:39:12 CST 2008

Clarification about Drakesbad, from the managers. I'm simply passing this
along. - Roslyn

Dear Geezer,

Thank you for your letter and the information.
The Drakesbad Guest Ranch is a designated mail drop authorized by the
National Park Service.
The post office is Chester, CA 96020.
The post office does not deliver directly to the Ranch but to our mailbox
about 3 miles away.
If a package is to large for the mail box, a notice is left in the box for
us to request a pick up from the Post office in Chester.
We will install a larger Box this coming season, to accommodate small
packages to avoid any delays of the delivery to the PCT hikers.
If a notice is dropped in the box, we always make that extra trip to town to
pick it up. We also will request the Post Office to give us a call when a
PCT package is delivered for pick up in Drakesbad.. We pick up our mail
daily, 6 times a week and almost run errands in town every day.
Please address the packages as follows.

Hikers Name
c/o Drakesbad Guest Ranch
End of Warner Valley Road
Chester, California 96020
Estimated date of arival:

We hope this will clarify any misunderstanding in the future.

Wishing you all a happy New Year and the best for the future.

Billie and Ed
Drakesbad Guest Ranch