[pct-l] Marked trail at The S. border..... and photos

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Thu Jan 10 13:58:02 CST 2008

The dates indicated on the blog posts are the dates I uploaded the
photos/posted the blog. I did the first 20 twice, once WAY back in the
Spring of `03, and once during last ADZPCTKO.

I did the first drop into The Borrego also in Spring (though it was
April, it was the first heavy heat wave to hit the area and I was woozy
by the time I got to Scissors Crossing).

I did The San Felipes and the next crossing behind Anza during cooler
months as well. Since I'm not a Thru Hiker, I get to pick and choose the
seasons when I hike!

But point well taken- the southern California sections are very dry most
any year (and season for that matter).

I don't think I'd call the PCT in this are near "urban" areas. Whenever
you're near any community, they are the most remote communities around.
My most uncomfortable feelings were hiking behind homes near Anza and
crossing the I-10. Hiking behind homes while watching normal community
activity around you is kinda weird...

Michael Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE Studio, Inc. | Architecture
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.2700 | www.mve-studio.com <http://www.mve-studio.com/>

  <http://www.mve-studio.com/>