[pct-l] Birdiepal Umbrellas

Eric Payne vaporjourney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 17:25:38 CST 2008

I just got my Birdiepal Swing Liteflex in the mail.  This is a wonderful
piece of equipment.  I like it much more than the compact Dainty umbrella
which Switchback has.  The 'wings' that the umbrella fabric is attached to
are much more sturdy, which will be good for wind.  It is much easier to
open the umbrella, and INFINITELY easier to make it stay open.  My Dainty
was extremely tricky to get it to stay open.  A latch at the top wouldn't
ever seem to keep hold.  Very frustrating.  Then again, I may have had a
faulty umbrella.

Just want to give this info for anyone looking for an umbrella.  These
umbrellas come in a UV-reflective chrome color like the Golite Chrome Dome.
It's nice to have an alternative to the Golite one since they are often hard
to find online, more expensive, slightly heavier, and with less coverage.

Can't wait to see what a difference this will make in the blazing socal sun.