[pct-l] From Campo, right away

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Fri Jan 11 10:00:13 CST 2008

> Are the early campgrounds sure to have their water
> running?  (Morena, Boulder Oaks especially)

Lake Morena http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/parks/camping/lake_morena.html is
always open.

The USFS website
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/camping/campgrounds.shtml
shows all forest campgrounds open. However, Burnt Rancheria has usually
closed for winter, although they show it open.

I did note that Cottonwood Creek at Buckman Springs Road was still dry on
December 9, even though it was raining at the time. The rains last week
may or may not have changed this.

> How much snow is there right now in Longs Canyon and
> the Lagunas?  I'll surely give a call to the lodge and
> find out what they know too.

I'd doubt any. The last storm was rain but not snow. Check the webcam at
http://hpwren.ucsd.edu/cameras/ .

> Is S-1 an ok place to hitch a ride?

No opinion.

AsABat