[pct-l] Visas and passes?? (Josh 'the Brit' Henderson)

Viajarapie ietura at viajarapie.info
Fri Jan 11 11:29:28 CST 2008

hey Elevator,

I was actually trying to yo-yo the PCT but got tired in Harts Pass :)

I wasn't aware of the difference when I applied for the visa and only
noticed when already on the trail someone else mentioned and I checked
mine... bad surprise. I tried phoning around to see if I could do
something about it. I talked to Inmigration and some other govern
organizations as I was being redirected. They were all nice and
understood the issue but eventually I came to the Border Patrol. These
were not so nice. They went like if it's single entry, you'll not be
able to come back if you leave, full stop, bye bye. And apparently it's
the Border Patrol officer in charge who has the last word when you show
up at a border point of entry so I decided  to play safe and hike back
to Harts Pass. I had friends in Seattle I wanted to visit before I went
home.

I must say it was beautiful hiking back for those few miles, partly
because the sun was shining after 10 days of stormy, wintery weather but
mainly because I was meeting so many happy thru-hikers on their last
push. I had the chance to say goodbye to so many people I had met. But
got tired in Harts Pass. It's odd how once the goal was met my
motivation just vanished. Motivation is everything.
Rainskirt