[pct-l] safety on the pct

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 13:10:08 CST 2008

Knives are a lot harder to use against an aware opponent -- They
usually won't even scare off most criminals. An unskilled person with
a knife is next to useless. I've had plenty of training on the subject
and even I don't consider a knife to be a reasonable self-defense item
for me, especially not for an untrained woman (no offense, it's a
question of brute strength).

Whoever it was that said the pepper spray was really on to something.
If pepper spray doesn't stop them your knife isn't going to, either,
so you might as well carry the pepper spray. The pepper spray has a
much better chance of scaring a rapist/mugger/murderer off than a
knife, to be honest.