[pct-l] Expensive Town Resupplies?

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sat Jan 12 21:59:04 CST 2008

"Expensive" is a relative term; depends on what you are used to. That said, I can think of only two places between Mojave and Manning Park that meet your criteria:

Vermillion Valley Resort - assuming you re-supplied in Independence, you'll have to re-supply either at Muir Trail Ranch (you must use a $45 package drop) or V V R 2 days later.

Steheken, WA is also expensive because there are no roads into there and everything has to come up Lake Chelan on a boat or barge.

Elsewhere along the PCT from Red's Meadow to Manning Park was, to me, reasonable and not overly expensive. Selection is spotty at many spots, especially those that cater to fishermen and car campers.

I'd suggest you learn to get a LOT more comfortable with mail drops.

Wandering Bob