[pct-l] clothing question

David Stewart davidalexanderstewart at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 06:59:09 CST 2008

I am having some trouble deciding about an insulating layer. Everyone raves
about the WM Flight Jacket. I have no doubts that that sucker is nice and
warm. But I am a warm sleeper and generally warm all the time. I hardly ever
use a 2nd layer while hiking, unless it is cold and raining.

I will have two baselyer shirts with me, Marmot Precip Jacket and a TNF
Windstopper Vest. I am debating to go with the WM Flash vest, or the Flight
vest. I could imagine the Flight Jacket being simply too warm, except
perhaps in the Sierras (but there is some 2300 other miles of trails to
carry the jacket...).

Layer up? or is it really that cold?

my bag will be the WM Summerlite.

one last question to ponder: Is anyone slicker than Tom Brady? seriously.

-moondog