[pct-l] resupply distances

alden at cedar-creek.com alden at cedar-creek.com
Sun Jan 13 14:45:40 CST 2008

 You will eat less for the first week or two (at least most people I've
talked with have said the same thing) so don't carry
at much as you think you will need. Don't kill yourself at the beginning-
if you are in shape when you get to the trail,
start with 20 mile days. If you are not in shape, start with 15 mile days.
Within a few weeks you will get in shape, and
most people can do 30's within the first three weeks.

What I would do if I did it again?
plan 15 mile a day for first weeks (first resupply mt. laguna day 3. I
tried to do it in two days last time, and I was
completely out of shape. Bad idea.)
plan to do a lot more resupplies for first few weeks. Every 40-110 miles.
After a few weeks you will start to actually want to wait longer between
resupplies, so with 30 mile days, you will be
looking at 150 miles being 5 days, which is about what I recommend.