[pct-l] HIDING FROM ILLEGALS

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 11:05:21 CST 2008

I recall reading somewhere......maybe Ladybug's journal of her last year's PCT hike, that one of them poked his head in a friends tent.  Pretty nervy....and scary!!  I'd like to avoid an encounter if possible, even if they are harmless.  (ish).

Wheeew

Slyatpct at aol.com wrote:      Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall any PCT  hiker being accosted by illegals.  A good spot to hide from them, is a good  place for them to hide.

 I think once you're past I-10 you're past the illegal problem area.

 Sly

  jomike at cot.net writes:
 Is there    any place to hide your camp from the "illegals" during the first 20-40 miles    or is that whole area along the trail too  exposed???

Wheeew

Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

-Wheeew-
www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/
---->MexiCan----> 2008