[pct-l] Zeiss Monocular

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jan 16 19:38:57 CST 2008

Well, I finally got my new monocular today from B&H Photo.  It is  really
nice.  It weighs 3.6 ounces with case and strap.  It is their  10X25 monocular.
It cost $284.00 plus shipping.  By the way, if you  order one from B&H Photo
out of New York, be sure not to use the US  Mail.  Use another service.

I went out in the backyard here in Las Vegas and pointed it toward Mt.
Whitney.  I saw a guy using the Golden Throne on top.  Not bad viewing  power, but
I wish I had seen something else for my first use.  Tomorrow I  think I will
point it over at Hiker Heaven and see what L-Rod and Jeff are up  to.

This is really going to be neat to use on the Grand Canyon  expedition.
Remember, this kind of equipment is for the professional  backpacker only --- no
weenies.  Some of the things I will use it for  is to spy on bears and renegade
Indians along the trail.

Your pal, Switchback the Peeper