[pct-l] Zeiss Monocular

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 19:49:46 CST 2008

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:      Well, I finally got my new monocular today from B&H Photo.  It is really nice.  It weighs 3.6 ounces with case and strap.  It is their 10X25 monocular.  It cost $284.00 plus shipping.  By the way, if you order one from B&H Photo out of New York, be sure not to use the US Mail.  Use another service.

  I went out in the backyard here in Las Vegas and pointed it toward Mt. Whitney.  I saw a guy using the Golden Throne on top.  Not bad viewing power, but I wish I had seen something else for my first use.  Tomorrow I think I will point it over at Hiker Heaven and see what L-Rod and Jeff are up to.

  This is really going to be neat to use on the Grand Canyon expedition.  Remember, this kind of equipment is for the professional backpacker only --- no weenies.  Some of the things I will use it for is to spy on bears and renegade Indians along the trail.

  Your pal, Switchback the Peeper
  Let me know if you spot any illegal aliens.....hehehe

-Wheeew-
www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/
---->MexiCan----> 2008