[pct-l] Ray Jardine

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Thu Jan 17 09:56:04 CST 2008

Good morning, All,

I don't always agree with Ray, but I'm with him on one point:  I love corn
pasta.  Yeah, yeah, I know .... corn pasta has been the butt of enumerable
jokes and much derision, but it continues to be a favorite on my hiking
menu.  It is OK cooked in camp and served with sauce, but since I seldom
cook on the trail I typically eat it cold and dry.  Yum!  I think it's best
prepared ahead of time, deep-fried and lightly salted.  I buy it ready-made
under several different names and configurations, but my favorite is Fritos
Corn Chips.

That's right, boys and girls, Fritos, Tostitos, Doritos, taco shells, corn
tortillas .... and all their cousins .... are nothing but crisp cooked
pieces of corn pasta.  Popcorn, CornNuts, etc, are pretty much the same
except the corn wasn't first made into pasta before cooking.

Cornflakes, anyone?

Steel-Eye

^^^^^^^^^^  Join other hikers at:  http://www.aldhawest.org/  ^^^^^^^^^^