[pct-l] Ray's Ways

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Thu Jan 17 18:43:34 CST 2008

I am a better hiker, in my own way, due to learning how Ray hiked the PCT
his way by reading his books. I have read hiker's trail journals, Eric
Ryback's, Clinton Clarke's, Steve Roper's, Peter Starr's, Orland
Bartholomew's, Finis Mitchell's, John Muir's, Clarence King's, and Colin
Fletcher's books, and I am a better hiker from reading about their
adventures shared through print. Take the best from each hiker's journey,
listen to their enlightened words of experience spoken and written from the
wilderness, and discard the weight of disagreement. Take the best for you
from each, discard the useless, and continue your own hike through life
informed, unburdened and enlightened.  I'd rather be hiking, than writing.
"In all fairness, Ray Jardine has positively contributed much to the PCT in
how it's successfully hiked."
-Sean