[pct-l] hygeine tips

Moynihan mary.moynihan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:38:06 CST 2008

Hi Kris,
Hygiene on the trail:
I highly recommend washing off at the end of the day with your hankerchief
or pack towel, with just water. Except in the extrememly dry conditions
along the trail, I was capable of cleaning off nearly everyday. Streams make
for good jump in spots, or you can put water in a pan and rinse off like
that. It makes such a big difference. Your not sticky when you get into your
bag. It also helps with getting hitches, in my opinion(you know, not have
brown swashes of dirt across face, neck, legs and every other visible part
of your body) and if your not staying in town, you can hang out clean-enough
without distrupting the town.
Baby wipes means more to pack out. Don't bother with soap, its extra weight
and your going to be dirty soon after.

Hope that helps.
Speedstick