[pct-l] Trail Journals- Donna's post

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sun Jan 20 14:32:52 CST 2008

Donna is right, Paul.

And one solution to your desire is for the journal-writer to ASK those he meets if they mind being mentioned by name in his soon-to-be-publicly- posted journal.  Most, but by far not all, hikers will have no objection. Another resource available is the many PCT logbooks at select locations along the trail; check them to see if and when your hiker of interest signed in. Yet another - ask the hiker of interest to please stay in contact with you as you're interested in their progress and experiences, assuming they wish to share same.

However, some of us are out there in part to get AWAY from the daily grind, the intrusive instant access afforded by the company pager and/or cell phone, and out of range of the all-seeing eye. Please allow us to choose if, when, and how to notify those whom we wish to know of our progress along the trail. If you're not on our list, there is probably a good reason for that.

Wandering Bob