[pct-l] PCT Place Names

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sun Jan 20 14:35:03 CST 2008

I have a couple history books that cover the PCT.

1.	"Journey - Being An Historical Adventure Through The Lands of
the Pacific Crest Trail - North From The California/Baja Border Onto The
Oregon Frontier" - published by USFS California Region 1975 - a small
50-page book that was free back then - GPO 790-998
2.	"History of the Sierra Nevada" by Francis Farquhar 1965 - my
copy published by University of California Press - 262 pages from
Indians to the Sierra Club and present (meaning 1960s) .

The first is rarely available. The second is a very interesting read and
is easily found in used book stores, and I see Amazon is showing a
second edition with a date of 2007, which must have been updated by
someone else since Farquhar is hiking trails on another plain now.

AsABat