[pct-l] Mylar vs Tyvek

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 21:51:25 CST 2008

Buds-

I just ordered my Senz mini-umbrella and will need to apply a reflective coating to it.  I know this has been written about before, but I don't have the info at hand.  Could someone please tell me:  Is it Mylar or Tyvek I want?   I'm thinking Mylar.  Where can I buy a small piece just for the umbrella project?  Also, does it have self-adhesive and/or do I need to apply additional adhesive?  If so, what kind will withstand the high winds, etc. on the PCT?  Is there any big secret to working with this stuff?  Any particular way that is better than another to apply it to the umbrella?  Do I cut individual sections to match the ribs on the umbrella or just fudge it???  Once the reflective coating is in place will the umbrella still fold up properly???

Hope someone is willing to take all those questions on!

Thx.

Gail

-Wheeew-
www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/