[pct-l] Mylar and Trail Journels

JOHNNY J FARBER farber51 at msn.com
Tue Jan 22 12:02:40 CST 2008

We followed the Jardine method of rubber banding the mylar to the umbrella which worked great.  He recommended using the small rubber bands from an orthodonist.  The wind turned our umbrellas inside out a few times, but most of time they were lifesavers.  Campmor sells a metallic coated treking umbrella 24.99--spf 50+--this is what we are using this year.
JOURNELS---I would like to know the address of a user friendly journel site.  Despite the fear that all the comments have struck into my heart, I still want to write a journel of our 2008 trip.  Just kidding about the fear--many of the comments are helpful.  Besides I gave up fear (at least I don't let it stop me) when I fought cancer in 2006.  Sharon "Free" (from fear & cancer) Farber