[pct-l] Umbrellas and desert hear

Greg Kesselring gkesselr at whidbey.com
Tue Jan 22 13:53:39 CST 2008

It's a huge difference.  When your hat is exposed to direct sunlight, it
gets HOT.  A hat also doesn't allow air circulation around your head.

Your head will feel a lot cooler without at hat if you're standing in
the shade than with a hat standing in direct sunlight.  Ditto for any
other part of your body that is in direct sunlight and is covered with
clothing.