[pct-l] MORE UMBRELLA PASSION

JOHNNY J FARBER farber51 at msn.com
Tue Jan 22 21:40:22 CST 2008

Is there a good hands free umbrella holder out there?  And does anyone know where can I get one or how to make one?
Why do I use an umbrella?  We spent one afternoon in 117 degree heat resting under our mylar umbrellas.  There was no shade to be found.  I think the umbrella possibly saved my life or at least made it worth living that day.
Besides keeping you cool, umbrellas also make great winds blockers for a stove, they held up the bug netting on my sleeping bag when I slept without  a tent, my husband prods me with his when I slow down, and he used it as a dancing stick while we waited out a rain storm in a tunnel--it was quite entertaining.  I live in Washington and an umbrella has kept me drier than rain gear while I stayed cool.  But we are all different--some people don't like hiking poles.  Sharon