[pct-l] Oregon PCT Names

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Wed Jan 23 13:52:02 CST 2008

Good afternoon, Paul,

 20 miles west of California?  There must be a story there.

I can only imagine a PCT trailtown with Shitwell Ally intersecting Dumphouse
Lane.  Right on the corner would be a greasy-spoon restaurant that serves $3
pizzas and generic beer.

If someone immigrated from Titty Ho, I expect they would end up camped on
Squaw Tit hill in central Washington.  That little hill .. a monument to
political incorrectness .. happens to be on a U.S. Military Reservation.

I seem to remember that, years back in the 1860 gold rush days, there was a
place in NE Oregon named Whorehouse Meadow.  Maybe Wayne can find that one
in his book.  Of course I have no idea why it was so named, but I think it
was changed something inane like "Naughty Girl Meadow".  Did anyone from
Tarts Hill participate in the 1860 gold rush?

Steel-Eye