[pct-l] Simmer with alcohol stove

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 21:32:05 CST 2008

Sweet stove Handlebar!  Thx!  If I cooked out on the trail I'd consider one of them puppies!

Wheeew

Rick Ostheimer <rick.ostheimer at sbcglobal.net> wrote: David wrote:

I love eating and cooking, especially while backpacking. I'm trying to
find a way of doing some "simmering" using an alcohol stove, any
specific design that works better? I am thinking about ways to still
manage to cook grains that take 5 mins of simmer / rest in hot water /
final 5 mins of simmer. Any ideas? "

Check out this one:  www.packafeather.com/stove.html

I used it on several trips this year---including in cold weather.  The adjustment really worked well.

Handlebar

-Wheeew-
www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/
---->MexiCan----> 2008