[pct-l] Maintaining Anonymity on the Trail

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 06:04:31 CST 2008

Len, you win the prize for the first LOL of the morning.  Thanks!

Ya know, I got to thinkin' about the whole privacy issue.  I'm quite certain that if one is in public, the law is that you're fair fodder......hence all the paparazzi around celebs.  (And I hate to think of all the paparazzi that will be attacking me on the trail just to get a foto for The National Inquirer.)  Anyhoo, at the Ruck last weekend there was about 120 people present.  I was snapping pics like crazy to put on my TJ site.  Then it dawned on me, am I suppose to ask all 120 people their permission to post them?  Me thinks not.  But y'all have made me paranoid, so I did ask the permission of the Top Guns.  (Jim and Ginny) and they were fine with that.

It's a tough call.  There's legal-ease and then there's common courtesy.  When it's all said and done, Len's solution is the best one!  Cracked me UP!!!!

Or we could just axe all pervs.  It's a toss up.

Wheeew

Len Glassner <len5742 at gmail.com> wrote: I knew I had to worry about hypothermia, dehydration, malnutrition,
falling, etc., etc. while on the trail, but a recent thread identified
a concern a had not considered:  PHOTOGRAPHY RISK.  Someone might take
a picture of me.

I've come up with what I believe to be a effective solution.  I have
demoed it for my friends and the response has been positive, with
several suggesting it may be something I should consider for off-trail
as well as on-trail use.

See below for a picture of the prototype.  I hope to implement the
final version in some form of waterproof/breathable material, with
favorable UV protection characteristics, thereby making it
multifunctional and an effective component of an UL gear system.

http://tinyurl.com/34lkfl

-Wheeew-
www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/
---->MexiCan----> 2008