[pct-l] Sleeping Pad

Liz Mares azlazorra1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 12:26:04 CST 2008

Hey Wheew,  This is a suggestion regarding cold feet.

  I use sylnylon stuff sacks for some of my gear.  Once, in desperation, I emptied out the gear and put the stuff sacks over my stocking feet...it was like a vapor barrier liner and worked like a charm!!  No need to carry down booties!

  I even managed an epic dayhike to the summit of Whitney from the Portal in 2-3 feet of snow wearing only my Smartwool, shorts, New Balance shoes, and knee-high stuff sacks!  I was the only one with warm feet!  Granted, it made for quite a sight!  Ha-Ha!

  La Zorra

"G. Lowe aka Wheeew" <gailpl2003 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Thanks Dave.  That solves the "green" mystery.....but still hoping for something other than a Z rest.....

Here's another query........I can sleep just about anywhere (wait a minute, that came out wrong.....if I'm not careful, they'll be naming a city after me.....), as long as my feet aren't cold.  I have all the other bases covered, but am wondering if anyone carries any kind of down booties to use in the bag at night.  Worrying too much?  Going to extremes?  Wouldn't want the weight?  I dunno........

Wheeew

David Hough reading PCT-L <pctl at oakapple.net> wrote:  Z rests come in 3/4 length, that's the standard. They are orange now rather than
green. Full length:

http://www.rei.com/product/708517