[pct-l] Sleeping Pad

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 08:06:22 CST 2008

Interesting....just by luck I started reading Stumpknocker's TJ yesterday, as I met him briefly at the Ruck last week.  One of the first things he talks about is having "Mrs. Gorp" make him a pair of down socks and he loves 'em!  Sez he didn't want booties because there's no down on the bottom.  Hmmmm.....maybe I can get the pattern, if I can find out who "Mrs. Gorp" is!!  Inquiring minds want to know....

Wheeew

Donna Saufley <dsaufley at sprynet.com> wrote:          v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                     Dancing Light Gear no longer in business :o(  sold just such an item.  They were long sil-nylon tubes with adjustable elastic at the top.  I carried four (two for feet, two for hands).  All four didn’t measure on my scale, they were so light.

  A word of caution here though, when you put on a vapor barrier-like device like this, all of the moisture escaping from your body is trapped, and you can wind up being wet.  So there’s a trade-off for warmth and dryness.

  L-Rod