[pct-l] Guide books - One Man's Praise

Bob BobandShell97 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 25 12:36:13 CST 2008

Agreed!   Absolutely.   But with Jeff Schaffer not being able to get out
there like he used to, Ben Schifrin is now *single-handedly* doing the
leg-work and the revising for the entire trail, end to end.  For an ER Doc,
somehow he finds the time to slip away many times each season and  check
this section or that.  He hiked the trail way back in  1973 and this is an
act of love on his part.   For those who have their occasional grumbles
about the guidebooks, realize that there are multiple authors cited on the
various editions, but only Ben has doing the job in recent years, trying to
get things up to date for all 3 books.  He's an incredible individual.

Dr Bob