[pct-l] Fuel for woodstove in socal?

Peter Dascalos peter at onthetrail.org
Sun Jan 27 12:28:54 CST 2008

I have had a few SoCal trips with a hiker that only carried a little pot the was used as a fire pit. It was modified slightly so he could set the cook pot on top and not put out the fire. He would gather a few twigs and sticks, just enough to cook his meal, which to my surprise did not take much. He never had any trouble finding fuel!
I am considering this on my next trek, leave the heavy and expensive Jetboil...

Peter