[pct-l] Snow, snow and more snow

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Tue Jan 29 15:01:50 CST 2008

Good afternoon, MoonPie,

We're getting about the same here near Mt. Hood.  I only have about 14" at 1,290 Ft. elevation, but 25 miles away at Timberline Lodge there are 149" compacted from the season total this far of 416".  24" have fallen in the last 72 hours, but it's snowing now, and it will continue fairly hard for the next couple of days.

What happens to all of that water?  The Columbia River dumps an average of 265,000 cu. ft./sec. into the Pacific Ocean.

Steel-Eye