[pct-l] Distance from border to Manning Resort?

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue Jan 29 17:08:39 CST 2008

>From monument 78 to Manning Park Lodge is 8.1 miles
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Eric Payne
  To: pct-l at backcountry.net
  Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:48 PM
  Subject: [pct-l] Distance from border to Manning Resort?

  Can anyone help me figure out how far it is from the end of the PCT to Manning Park Resort?  Once I finish the PCT this year, I plan on heading west along the Pacific Northwest Trail to extend my hike.  I'm thinking about a possible resupply at the Resort instead of packing ~7 days from Stehekin to Ross Lake.  However, I don't know how many extra miles I want to hike north of the border to pick up the package, only to turn around again.  Maybe it's an easy hitch on a road that is just on the other side of the border?