[pct-l] AT&T cell coverage

Lon Cooper loncooper at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:03:48 CST 2008

Monty,

With my ATT cell phone I got coverage in the following places last
year in the Sierra:

Mile ~735 - 745, south of Horseshoe meadow area on crests and areas
with views into Owens Valley
Did not work on Whitney summit, but it worked just south of the summit
looking out some of the "windows" to the east (between the summit and
Trail Crest)
Mile ~870, Bear Ridge...good signal
ATT is suppose to work at VVR, but I did not go there last year.
Mile ~ 916 - 925, from above Agnew Meadow almost to Donohue Pass you
can get a good signal in some spots with ATT
No coverage at Tuolumne Meadows with ATT
Not much coverage after than until the Lake Tahoe area.
Frequent signal  from northern Lake Tahoe to Truckee, which was as far
as I had time to hike.

I am curious do you know if ATT works in Warner Springs? It did not
work for me when I was there in March of 07, although the ATT web site
indicates it should.

You might check out this report I have started:

http://www.pctmap.net/cell.html

It would be great if you can recall where your Verizon phone worked
for you on the trail and email me. Over the weekend I will update the
list and can add a page for Verizon users.

-Lon