[pct-l] PCT hike window

Greg Kesselring gkesselr at whidbey.com
Thu Jan 31 10:35:26 CST 2008

Hi Sarah,

Are you open to doing some kind of flip-flop?  For example, hike So Cal
up to the beginning of the Sierra section.  Skip that section and
continue your hike from northern CA on into OR and then WA to the
border.  And then come back and do the Sierra section at the end.  That
plan would have you doing northern WA and the Sierra at the end of your
hike, like in late July and August, when the snow would be melted out in
both places even if we end up having a very heavy snow year.

Greg