[pct-l] Bear Canister Controversy....''THE SOLUTION''

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Jul 1 05:27:14 CDT 2008

There is a solution to this bear canister controversy.
Forget the bear canister, strap a  ''Beer  Keg''  on your pack instead
and go on a liquid diet.
Since the  ''Beer  Keg'' is bear proof,  our liquid calories would be
safe and we would be in full compliance.

Beer contains lots of calories, so would not need traditional
backpacking food, nor would we need a stove,
 fuel, pots & pans.
We would not need water (there is lots of water in beer) nor would we
need purification or filtration devises.
Since beer is calorie fortified, one keg will take us a long way and we
would never be at risk of dehydration.

But, most important, we would be happier and more jovial campers and
that my friends, is what it's all about.

JMT Reinhold
Your jovial trail companion